Sierra Brava Dove Hunting Newsletter – March 2008
My original intention was to send our first-ever newsletter at the beginning of the year. However, with the hunting shows in the U.S. and preparing for the new year, we have been quite busy! I hope everybody is enjoying the new year as much as we are at Sierra Brava Lodge. In 2007, we had many great experiences and really enjoyed our work with every group at the lodge. Alex, Topo and I have had the opportunity to host many wonderful guests, and we can proudly say that they are now our friends. Our booking agents in the US have also contributed to this great year; they sent us loads of new and old clients! I want to thank all of our dear hunters and agents for their support and friendship. We look forward to sharing Cordoba’s best dove hunting with you all for years to come. Muchas gracias to everyone and good luck in 2008!
BIG NEWS – On February 24, 2008, Sierra Brava Lodge set the new record for ALL Cordoba outfitters: in one of our exclusive Sierra Brava fields, Mr. Jack Minster of Dallas, TX shot an astounding 10,012 birds with 13,000 rounds (77% average)!!! So I guess you can say the birds are better than ever. We can honestly say that since starting our operation in 2002 there have never been more birds than now. Part of the reason is the continued increase in the food supply as farmers convert their fields from cattle to grain. The other reason has to do with the average 4 hatches per year. In 2007 there was speculation that we had 5 hatches, which could be the other reason for the increase in bird population. Muy muy bueno!
Sierra Brava goes on the road!
Juan Jo and Topo took the show on the road in January of 2008. It was a memorable trip especially because we got to spend time with many of our clients. We appreciate all the hospitality that our clients showed us in the U.S. Trips like these make us appreciate the lives we lead and the friends we have made.
- Houston January 15 -19, 2008: Houston Safari Club Convention (Thursday, January 17, 2008 – Saturday, January 19, 2008)
- Austin January 20 – 22, 2008: (Thank you Cliff and Gail)
- Reno January 23 – 26, 2008: SCI Hunters Convention
- Michigan January 27 – February 3, 2008: Visiting clients with Javier Sala
2007. WHAT A GREAT YEAR!
Every guest we have at Sierra Brava Lodge becomes part of our family. We would like to share with you some of our ’07 accomplishments!
- During 2007 we acquired 6 new hunting fields allowing us to shoot on 10,000 additional acres! We now have 51 of Cordoba’s best hunting fields with over 148,000 acres under lease. This permits us to provide excellent hunting experiences all year round.
- Our eye-catching Sierra Brava Lodge has grown so much! We now have 7 remodeled air-conditioned rooms that will comfortably accommodate up to 14 guns.
- We purchased two brand new vehicles – an F-250 truck and a very comfortable van.
- We purchased a dozen brand new Berettas.
- For those hunters that cannot be entirely disconnected from the web world, we now have high-speed Internet.
- We also have invested in new masseuse equipment, a swimming pool and a sauna.
These improvements help us not only to provide our guests with Cordoba’s best dove hunting, but now we can provide Cordoba’s best lodge experience as well.
Congratulations to these outstanding wing-shooters from 2007!
ANDRE FEUCHT, LA-USA
PETER BUCKLIN, MI- USA
TOM SINIS, TN- USA
TOM GEE, TX- USA
BEN SCHIEDELER, CO – USA
MIKE CROWDER, WA – USA
GORDON LOGAN JR,TX-USA